Changes to Worship
Effective Sunday, July 4
After many conversations, including a conversation with our Medical Professionals Committee, the following changes will go into effect starting Sunday, July 4.
- The common cup (wine) will return to all Eucharist services.
- Worshipers will return to altar rail to receive the sacrament.
- We will move to our summer schedule with traditional services at 7:30am, 10:00am and 5:00pm. The Table will remain at 9:00am.
- The 5:00pm Evening Prayer service will return to the Chapel.
Current Guidelines for Worship
St. George’s remains committed to reopening safely, one step at a time. Thank you for continuing to honor these guidelines and keep St. George’s a safe place. Starting Sunday, May 16, we will be implementing the following changes in accordance with our bishop and local government:
- In response to the recent guidelines made by the CDC, our local government, and our bishop, St. George’s will no longer require those who are fully vaccinated to wear a mask when indoors, including at traditional services in the Nave and at The Table in Legacy Hall.
We strongly recommend that those who are not fully vaccinated or at high risk continue to wear masks. In addition, we will continue to offer socially-distanced seating areas in the Nave, and we ask people in those seats to wear masks during the service. The seats in The Table will continue to be socially-distanced until worship attendance returns to normal.
- Reservations will no longer be needed for any worship service.
- The congregation will be invited to participate fully in singing hymns and service music in worship. This decision was arrived at after careful consideration of data, articles, discussion, prayers, and consultation with leadership.
- In the Nave, social distancing signs will be removed from most of the church pews. The balcony and a small section on the main level will still be marked with tape, and we ask that people who choose to sit in those areas remain socially distanced and continue to wear masks.
- In The Table, chairs will remain distanced as much as possible, and we will continue to add chairs as needed to meet the need for Sunday worship.
- Our nursery will reopen for children (8 weeks through 2 years old) on Sundays at the 9:00am and 11:00am service times. All nursery staff will be fully vaccinated by May 16.
- Children’s Chapel will continue to be offered for children age 3 through 2nd grade, and Growing with God: 3 to 6 is continuing for 3rd – 6th graders.
- Coffee service will return to the Gathering Space with single-serve sugar and creamers.
- The Healing Service in the Chapel will return as a weekly offering on Wednesdays at 10:00am.
- To maintain ample room for Sunday morning worship, we will continue to worship at 9:00 and 11:00am through the summer. We will not move to our usual combined summer service times this year.
St. George’s takes your safety seriously. We have implemented protective measures in accordance with local and national public health guidelines to mitigate the risk posed by COVID-19. However, we cannot guarantee your safety. By worshiping in person you agree that you understand and assume the risk of exposure to COVID-19, and agree to release and hold St. George’s harmless from any claim associated with exposure to the virus. In order for us to better care for our community, we ask that you follow all posted guidelines and verbal instructions while in the building or on church grounds. Thank you for your cooperation.
Click here for current worship times.